The French Homeware Brand to Know About
Astier de Villatte are creators of charming handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by 18th-century potters
Charming French homeware brand Astier de Villatte, based in a Bastille workshop that reportedly used to belong to Napoleon’s personal silversmith. They create handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by the 18th-century potters, using old-school techniques.
Working with black terracotta clay, each piece is finished in a milky-white glaze — including this ‘Antoinette’ incense holder. Working with the Koh-Shis, masters of scent from Awaji, Japan, the brand has also created various incense scents based on destinations, including Delhi (notes of benzoin, musk, myrrh and smoked wood), Stockholm (wild plants, aloe, clove, lavandin and myrrh), Opera, Palais de Tokyo and more.
Find this Astier de Villatte incense burner ($135) and 125-stick packs of incense ($78) at Tessuti. Ph (09) 376 4802.
- Beauty Looks We Love – 8 Ways To Wear Backstage Looks From Paris & Berlin
- The Best Beetroot Recipes To Try For Dinner Or Dessert
- How Costume Designer Alexandra Byrne Brought A Modern Twist To 'Mary Queen of Scots'
- Designer Gabriela Hearst Is Dressing Women For A New Era Of Political Power
- 10 Reusable Coffee Cups For An Eco-Friendly Caffeine Fix
- Looks Of The Week 18/01/19