New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
You'll know them by their dark glasses, busy and important walks, all-black or crazy bright outfits and swinging delegates passes. But where's the best place to spot the elusive designers, buyers, models and media at next week's New Zealand Fashion Week?
1. WYNYARD QUARTERWell, this one's obvious. The home of Fashion Week, with most shows being held at the Viaduct Events Centre. Expect to see media and buyers wandering the waterfront between shows or grabbing a quick meal at nearby restaurants. Baduzzi is our top pick - the location of last year's Zambesi after-party.
2. PONSONBYYou can't keep the fashion crowd from their spiritual home for long. From pre-show coffees at Dizengoff, juices from Ponsonby Central and after-show drinks at Golden Dawn (where this week's Marr Factory shows have been held), you're sure to spot a few models and designers.
3. CENTRAL CITYDelegates will trek up Queen St for Huffer's Wednesday morning show, and international guests will most likely be shown around Britomart's bustling bars and restaurants - we're thinking Ostro for cocktails, Ortolana for brunch, and Xuxu Dumpling Bar for you-know-what.
4. VIADUCTWith a bit more time to kill between shows, and the need to soak up that early spring sun, fashion folk will wander over to The Viaduct, with Soul a long-held favourite of designers and PRs, and the balcony an ideal spot for drinks and people-watching.
5. OUT WESTStolen Girlfriends Club can always be relied on for a rocking off-site show and this year's Western Springs event won't disappoint.
Expect the fashion crowd to look a little out of place on the Speedway track - and for the down-and-dirty vibe to continue into a rather stately after-party.
Every Look from the Kate Sylvester Show
What the Viva Team Wore to Fashion Week
Illustrating the Trends with Sean Cai
The 8 Best Moments of NZFW
Fresh New Talent to Watch
Runway: Harman Grubisa at NZFW
Beauty Highlights: Day 3 of NZFW
The Best Menswear from Fashion Week
NZFW 2015 in 60 Seconds
Front Row Diary: Fashion Editor Dan Ahwa