Caramel Brownie Recipe
These homemade brownies are the perfect Easter treat
This caramel chocolate brownie is a favourite of mine. Traditionally, before condensed milk arrived in tins already caramelised, we would boil the whole tin in a large pot for an hour to caramelise the sticky deliciousness. Here, I cheated and bought a tin for convenience - making life simpler for baking at Easter.
CARAMEL BROWNIE RECIPE
Makes 24 slices
¾ cup cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups plain flour
100g chocolate, chopped roughly
375g tin caramel condensed milk
1. Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pot. Add the cocoa, vanilla and brown sugar and stir until well combined. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, the flour and then the chocolate.
4. Spoon half the mixture into the tin. Stir the caramel well in a small bowl before adding in spoonfuls to the base. Use a fork to drag the caramel over the chocolate mixture. Spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top. It is fine if it’s not perfect. Place into the oven for 25 minutes. A little soft in the middle is okay.
5. Remove and cool before slicing.
Be inspired by the good things in life. Sign up now to receive emails from Viva, and twice a week you will be sent the latest news, profiles, videos, fashion shoots, competitions and more.Share this: