Auckland Restaurant Month Picks with a Point of Difference
With Auckland Restaurant Month in full swing, this is the time to really push your gustatory and experiential boat out
A TASTE OF PAPER DAISY
Halcyon days await you when Ben Devlin comes to town. The head chef at Paper Daisy — the restaurant at New South Wales boutique hotel Halcyon House — is a surfer, a forager, and a man of many seasons. He has Noma to his extensive credit, he’s teaming up with Euro executive chef Gareth Stewart here — and he’ll be bringing his new bride (they’ll be on their honeymoon). Aww. Love is in the air.
• Euro Bar and Restaurant, 22/147 Quay St, Princes Wharf. Wednesday, August 16. Tickets $200 (includes a drink on arrival with canapes and five courses with matching wines). To book, visit iTicket.co.nz
4TH ANNUAL FOOD AND WINE CELEBRATION
Wine, food, photos: it’s all there under one all-embracing umbrella. The New Zealand School of Food & Wine is hosting a multi-faceted feast of opportunities. Included is the Foodography dinner (chefs and bloggers share their tips on how to get the best food pics, while you sample six courses). Then, if you can stand the heat, you’ll want to get into the kitchen: Samir Allen from Gemmayze St presents all things Lebanese and you can help with the prep. What about some wine? Trot along and see the New Zealand Sommelier and Junior Sommelier of the Year quest in action. There’s plenty more to see and do.
• New Zealand School of Food & Wine, 104 Customs St West, Auckland. Saturday, August 19-Monday, August 21. Ticket prices vary. To see the full schedule and book, visit Event.foodandwine.co.nz
FOOD TO DIE FOR
Have a meal and solve a murder mystery at the same time. Celebrated executive chef Des Harris will be steeling himself (and his knives) for a night of food so good you could call it criminal. You, the diner, will be a sleuth when a team of actors provide clues and tips to the “murder” that’s unfolding; chef Des’ admirable talents will be your reward.
• Pilkingtons, 41 Shortland St. Monday, August 14, 6pm. Tickets $120, including a drink on arrival plus three courses, available from iTicket.co.nz
- Actor Chelsie Preston-Crayford's Beauty Routine
- Livia Firth on Luxury and Sustainability
- If You Only Eat Three Meals in Miami, Make Sure They're Here
- The Latest Luxury Watches: Omega's Work of Art And Zenith's Ode to The Past
- Blackbird Goods: Hawke's Bay's Must-See Lifestyle Store
- The Tasting Shed, Kumeu