New Opening: The Shucker Brothers, Downtown CBD
The stylish oyster bar and eatery is a welcomed addition to Auckland's harbourside offering
Inspired by the intrigue of “deep-sea fishing stories”, Geoff Tippett and Ana Schwarz have recently opened oyster bar The Shucker Brothers in Auckland’s Ferry Building (next door to their newest outpost of Island Gelato).
Geoff says the plan was to create a live oyster shuck shack, “serving up oysters as fresh and fast as we can”.
Designed by Emily Priest and Alex Davies of Cheshire Architects, the small-yet-perfectly-formed eatery has just started serving breakfast, and has an all-day menu of small shared plates.
Its harbourside location means head chef Mark Nicholson is focused on celebrating the ocean’s bounty with dishes such as cured kingfish, crab doughnuts, and raw fish salad on the menu, while a curated selection of oysters is the star of the show.
In the glass, there’s champagne if you’re looking to make an occasion of things, as well as craft beer and a small and thoughtful list of interesting wines from New Zealand and around the world.
• The Shucker Brothers, Auckland Ferry Building, 99 Quay St West, Auckland Central. Visit Shuckerbrothers.co.nz
More Food & Drink / Eating Out
- Rising Fashion Talent April Gourdie Is Creating The Next Generation Of Knitwear
- 12 Of The Best Face Masks To Suit Every Skin Type & Concern
- 12 Of The Best Weekend Bags For A Practically Stylish Getaway
- Nothing Else Melania Trump Wears Will Ever Matter Again
- Celebrity Beauty ‘Grams We Love 16/07/2018
- 8 Delicious Spots For a Long Lunch