Little Miss Sunshine Frozen Cocktail
A thirst-quenching gin-based frozen cocktail recipe, courtesy of Mea Culpa’s Bill Scott
This original recipe from Bill Scott of Ponsonby's Mea Culpa is a summery frozen cocktail that's slightly dry, but also citrusy and refreshing. If you remove the gin, it becomes a low alcohol cocktail.
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
1. Make the sugar syrup by combining the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Leave to cool.
2. Put a few pieces of ice in a tall glass to chill it.
3. Blend all ingredients in a blender.
4. Pour out ice cubes from glass and pour in cocktail mixture.
5. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a lemon wheel.