Nut Pasta Recipe
Try this delicious spaghetti recipe with nuts and parmesan
Celebrate National Nut Day with this beautifully simple yet flavoursome Mediterranean-inspired dish by Kelly Gibney. Perfect as a speedy midweek meal or a relaxed weekend lunch. The wholesome goodness of nuts partners perfectly with fresh herbs, parmesan and punchy lemon zest.
NUT PASTA RECIPE WITH PARMESAN AND LEMON
1 cup walnuts
½ cup natural almonds
1 cup parmesan cheese – finely grated
Zest of 3 lemons
Large handful fresh basil leaves – roughly chopped
Large handful fresh Italian parsley – roughly chopped
¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
300 grams dried spaghetti
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Pre-heat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
2. Roast the nuts by laying them in a single layer on a tray for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes before starting the pasta.
3. Fill a large pot with water. Salt well and bring to a boil. Add dried pasta and cook until al dente.
4. While the pasta is cooking, place all the nut crumb ingredients into a food processor and blitz until it is the texture of course breadcrumbs. Taste and season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
5. Drain the cooked pasta, drizzle generously with olive oil and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture and toss to combine.
7. Divide pasta between four bowls and sprinkle evenly with the remaining crumb. Serve immediately.
Leftover crumb mixture will last up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.