New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
Petite Kitchen's Eleanor Ozich makes a softly sweet amaranth cookie
These wonderfully soft and chewy cookies are infused with Earl Grey tea and sweetened with coconut sugar, lending a lovely hint of caramel. I have used Amaranth flakes as a base, which gives a nutty, slightly malty flavour. You could also use quinoa flakes, rice flakes or oats in this recipe.SOFT AND CHEWY EARL GREY AMARANTH COOKIES WITH VANILLA BEANMakes around 20 cookies
• 100g butter or coconut oil, melted• 60ml milk or coconut milk• 2 cups amaranth flakes• 2 Tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves• 1¼ cups coconut sugar• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract• 2 cups rice flour• 2 free range eggs• 1 tsp baking soda• Pinch of sea salt
1. Set the oven to 180C, and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
3. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture on the prepared tray about 4cm apart. Using your hands, flatten each cookie by half.
4. Bake for around 10-12 minutes, or until nice and golden. Leave to cool.
Will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Try making this delicious savoury bread courtesy of Eleanor Ozich
A morning & afternoon tea delight by Angela Casley
These pumpkin and hazelnut meal cookies are subtly spiced with cinnamon and drizzled with homemade dark chocolate sauce.
• 2 tsp active yeast• 1 tsp sugar• ½ cup water• ½ cup milk• 1¾ cups flour• ½ tsp salt• ½ cup warm wa...
White and Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Beef and Mushroom Broth Recipe
Falafel Tortilla Recipe
Beetroot, Orange and Coconut Oil Cake Recipe
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.