Plum Jam Recipe
I recommend using damson plums if you can get them. They make the best jam - rich, deep in colour and with a bit of lemon for a little tartness. Scrummy on toast, scones, brioche or a bakewell tart. Plus there is enough to store away for winter.
Makes 4 small jars
• 1½ kgs plums
• ¼ cup water
• 1kg sugar
• 2-3 lemons, juiced
1. In a large pot, place the plums and water. Bring to a simmer to soften the plums.
2. Remove from the heat and, with a slotted spoon, remove the stones.
3. Return to the heat and add the sugar and lemon juice. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil for 20 minutes.
4. Test a bit on a saucer to ensure it is starting to set.
5. Remove from the heat, and bottle in sterilised jars, cover and label.Share this: