New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
Try Angela Casley's simple and light summer curry in one pot and full of flavour
AUBERGINE AND CHICKPEA CURRY Serves 4
• 2 aubergines, cut in 3cm cubes• 100ml olive oil• 1 onion, finely chopped• 4 cloves garlic, chopped• 2 tsp curry powder• 1 green chilli, seeds removed and chopped• 3 tsp garam masala• 2 tsp coriander• 1 tsp turmeric• 2 tsp brown sugar• 400ml coconut milk• 100g cherry tomatoes• 200g chickpeas 2 handfuls of spinach• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste• 2 handfuls of spinach• ½ cup chopped coriander
1. Put aubergine in a colander and sprinkle with salt. After 20 minutes rinse and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the curry, chilli, garam masala, coriander and turmeric. Stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add the aubergine and stir until well coated in spice and continue to cook until starting to soften. Add the coconut milk. Cover and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until all soft and delicious.
4. Before serving season with salt and pepper and fold through the spinach and coriander.
This soup is economical, flavoursome and good for you
Try these recipes from Angela Casley and Eleanor Ozich
BAKED CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, AUBERGINE AND OLIVESServes 4
• 1 aubergine, sliced 1cm thick• ¼ cup oil• 8 skinless, boneless chic...
PUMPKIN AND GREEN CURRY SOUPServes 4
• 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, and cut in chunks• ¼ cup olive oil• 50g butter• 2 onions, chopped...
White and Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Beef and Mushroom Broth Recipe
Falafel Tortilla Recipe
Beetroot, Orange and Coconut Oil Cake Recipe
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.