New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
BUTTER CHICKENServes 8
• 1 tbsp oil• 1kg chicken breast, cut into cubes• 50g butter• 2 tbsp fresh ginger• 2 tsp garam masala• 3 tsp paprika• 2 tsp coriander• 1 tsp cardamom• 450g tomato passata• 2 tsp sugar• Salt and pepper, to taste• ½ cup thick yoghurt• ¼ cup cream• Juice of half a lemon• Rice and naan, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add half the chicken and brown on all sides, then remove to a plate. Repeat with remainder of the chicken.
2. Add butter to the pan and melt. Add ginger, garam masala, paprika, coriander and cardamom and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Return chicken to the pan and coat in spices.
3. Add passata and sugar, stir well and cook for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add yoghurt, cream and lemon juice, and bring back to a simmer for 3-5 minutes to heat through.
5. Serve hot with rice and naan bread.
3 Peanut Recipes
Pork and Peanut Balls Recipe
Peanut Sauce Recipe
Spelt Scones Recipe with Apple
9 Tasty Pasta Recipes
Peanut Caramel Slice Recipe
Granola Recipe with Lemon and Prunes
Lamb and Potato Rendang Recipe
Black Rice Pudding Recipe with Banana and Coconut
Yellow Chicken Curry Recipe
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.