New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
• 4 eggs + 1 tsp soy sauce, whisked together• 2 Tbsp peanut oil• 2 Tbsp sunflower oil• 1 onion, chopped finely• 1 stick celery, sliced thinly• 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly• 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks• 1 red chilli, chopped finely• 1 tsp curry powder• 1 tsp shrimp paste• 200g chicken breast, sliced thinly• 200g raw prawns• 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce• 2 Tbsp soy sauce• 2 Tbsp water• 2 cups rice, cooked and cooled• 2 cups shredded chinese cabbage• 1 spring onion, sliced thinly• 1 cup bean sprouts• ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts• Coriander, to garnish• ½ cup pineapple pieces (optional)
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of peanut oil in a frying pan. Add whisked eggs and cook on one side, flip and cook on other side. Slide on to a plate and roll like a pancake. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining oils in a large frying pan or wok. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrot and cook until softened and lightly browned.
Add chilli, curry powder and shrimp paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Push vegetables to one side and toss in chicken and prawns. Cook until cooked through - about 4 minutes. You may need a little extra oil.
4. Combine soy sauces and water and pour into the pan. Toss everything together.
5. Add cabbage and pineapples if using and cook until wilted. Slice omelette into rounds and add to heat through.
6. Serve immediately topped with spring onions, bean sprouts and peanuts.
Meaty Veggie Burger Recipe
Sweaty Palms Burger Recipe
13 Junk Free June Recipes to Try
3 Peanut Recipes
Pork and Peanut Balls Recipe
Peanut Sauce Recipe
Spelt Scones Recipe with Apple
9 Tasty Pasta Recipes
Peanut Caramel Slice Recipe
Granola Recipe with Lemon and Prunes
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.