New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
Each Thursday Eleanor Ozich of Petite Kitchen will share her thoughts on healthy eating, with recipes and more
I have really come to enjoy simplicity in cooking. When preparing food, it doesn't have to be difficult, stressful or hard. I believe it's all about using simple flavors and ingredients that work fantastically together.
When I first started my recipe blog, I would always put too much pressure on myself to try and come up with fancy and elaborate dishes. But as the blog has grown, I have learned that many people, including myself, enjoy relatively basic and easy to prepare recipes, using delicious and beautiful ingredients.
Today I share with you this simple and delectable dessert, using lovely flavors that work in perfect harmony together, resulting in this stunningly beautiful strawberry dessert.
The acidic note from the red wine vinegar melts in to the sweetness of the honey and red berries. I have served the strawberries with thick and creamy natural yoghurt, and a sprinkling of fresh mint leaves.
STRAWBERRIES ROASTED IN HONEY AND RED WINE VINEGAR WITH MINT AND YOGHURT
Ingredients• 3 cups of strawberries, green leaves removed*• 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar*• 3 Tbsp honey, maple or agave syrup• A handful of pine nuts• ½ cup natural yoghurt• A small handful of fresh mint leaves
* frozen strawberries work well also, simply thaw them out before using.* try to use a good quality red wine vinegar if you can, as you can really taste the difference in this dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a medium sized bowl, toss the strawberries with the red wine vinegar, honey and pine nuts.
3. Pour the strawberries, along with the sauce in to a baking dish.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or so, turning the strawberries with a wooden spoon half way through. Once the strawberries have finished roasting, they should be soft and juicy, not too dry.
5. Leave the strawberries to cool for 5 minutes or so.
6. To serve, divide the strawberries between bowls. Spoon dollops of the yoghurt in and amongst the strawberries, and then sprinkle with the mint leaves.
Sweaty Palms Burger Recipe
13 Junk Free June Recipes to Try
3 Peanut Recipes
Pork and Peanut Balls Recipe
Peanut Sauce Recipe
Spelt Scones Recipe with Apple
9 Tasty Pasta Recipes
Peanut Caramel Slice Recipe
Granola Recipe with Lemon and Prunes
Lamb and Potato Rendang Recipe
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.