New Zealand Herald
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
Share and inspire...
Quick tweet this!
Post to your circles
• 500g beef fillet• 1 tsp grated ginger• 2 cloves garlic, crushed• 2 tsp brown sugar• 1 Tbsp oil• 200g Israeli couscous• 500ml chicken stock• 1 red onion, sliced• ½ red pepper, sliced• 200g pumpkin, sliced• ½ tsp turmeric• 1 tsp coriander• ½ tsp cumin• ½ tsp paprika• 2 Tbsp olive oil• 100g beans, blanched• 1 cup soft fresh herbs, chopped roughlyDressing•2 Tbsp each of lemon juice, sweet chilli and olive oil
1. Place the beef in a small bowl. Add ginger, garlic, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon oil. Combine well and set aside for 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
2. Cook couscous in the chicken stock following packet instructions.
3. Heat oven to 180C. Place red onion, pepper, pumpkin, turmeric, coriander, cumin and paprika on an oven tray. Toss in the 2 tablespoons of oil and bake for 20 minutes until slightly brown and cooked through.
4. Heat a pan to a high heat and sear beef on all sides and place in the middle of the vegetables. This will also take 20 minutes. Remove and rest for 10 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, mix couscous with dressing and gently add vegetables. Place on a platter. Slice beef and arrange with the salad.
Coffee Tart Recipe with Oat and Hazelnut Crust
Nutella Pinwheel Biscuits Recipe
Snapper Recipe with Asparagus and Whipped Feta
Beetroot Tarte Tatin Recipe
Waffle Recipe with Poached Tamarillo
Pancake Recipe with Bacon and Crispy Sage
Gingernut Biscuits Recipe with Orange Zest
Root Vegetable Recipes
Sweet and Savoury Pie Recipes
Coconut Milk Soup Recipe With Lobster
There's no better place to cook than outdoors when the sun's out - try these summer BBQ recipes.