The French Homeware Brand to Know About
Astier de Villatte are creators of charming handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by 18th-century potters
Charming French homeware brand Astier de Villatte, based in a Bastille workshop that reportedly used to belong to Napoleon’s personal silversmith. They create handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by the 18th-century potters, using old-school techniques.
Working with black terracotta clay, each piece is finished in a milky-white glaze — including this ‘Antoinette’ incense holder. Working with the Koh-Shis, masters of scent from Awaji, Japan, the brand has also created various incense scents based on destinations, including Delhi (notes of benzoin, musk, myrrh and smoked wood), Stockholm (wild plants, aloe, clove, lavandin and myrrh), Opera, Palais de Tokyo and more.
Find this Astier de Villatte incense burner ($135) and 125-stick packs of incense ($78) at Tessuti. Ph (09) 376 4802.
- Fun Things To Do This Weekend 21/03/19
- Blueberry, Lemon & Crème Fraiche Muffins
- Snack Club: The Latest Bite Sized Food & Drink News
- A Stylish Man: Breakfast Host Daniel Faitaua On His Personal Style
- Rising Star Teeks Ahead Of His First Headline Performance
- Restaurant Review: General Kai, Dominion Rd