The French Homeware Brand to Know About
Astier de Villatte are creators of charming handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by 18th-century potters
Charming French homeware brand Astier de Villatte, based in a Bastille workshop that reportedly used to belong to Napoleon’s personal silversmith. They create handmade ceramics, candles and glassware inspired by the 18th-century potters, using old-school techniques.
Working with black terracotta clay, each piece is finished in a milky-white glaze — including this ‘Antoinette’ incense holder. Working with the Koh-Shis, masters of scent from Awaji, Japan, the brand has also created various incense scents based on destinations, including Delhi (notes of benzoin, musk, myrrh and smoked wood), Stockholm (wild plants, aloe, clove, lavandin and myrrh), Opera, Palais de Tokyo and more.
Find this Astier de Villatte incense burner ($135) and 125-stick packs of incense ($78) at Tessuti. Ph (09) 376 4802.
- 12 Stylishly Practical Raincoats To Buy Right Now
- Will The Future Be Fun? With These 20 Ideas, It Could Be
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze
- Inside 'Harry's House', A Delicious Party Record From A Big Romantic
- Dare To DIY This Ball Season? Here's What You Need To Know
- Embrace Your Inner Gourmand With 15 Cosy Dining Essentials