How to Set a Table Elegantly
From flowers to candelabras, fashion designer Juliette Hogan shares her top table setting tips
You have your all-white attire sorted for Saturday’s Diner en Blanc - Auckland event, but have you thought about how you will dress your table? Keen entertainer Juliette Hogan, the official fashion partner of this year’s Diner en Blanc, shares her tips on how to set a table elegantly.
1. I love a more informal take on dining, the atmosphere needs to be relaxed and you add in the touches of luxe through music, lighting and the setting. I like to play with height and proportions on the table - my favourite piece is the Tom Dixon Candelabra which creates an anchor for the table and gives a more informal setting a little bit of structure. It also creates incredible light.
2. Shared plates and an array of beautiful food is how I like to entertain, plated dinners have you caught up in the kitchen and I would much rather be enjoying the evening with guests.
3. Scented candles during dinner a no go for me. I love them to scent a room before dinner but I love to let the food smells filter through the room rather than having a fragrance fight it.
4. I love entertaining outdoors in summer and draping a cashmere blanket on the back of each chair to be used as the weather cools.
5. I have a minimal aesthetic so while I love flowers, a beautiful dinner set, candelabra and luxe serving bowls are all you need to create a visually beautiful table setting. Instead I will have very simple floral arrangements throughout the house.
- Raw Brownies With Salted Caramel Nut Butter
- Laneway Festival (Obviously) & Other Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- Paris Hilton's Hilarious Attempt At Making Lasange Proves She's The Kitchen Muse We All Need
- What To Wear To The Office In 2020: Viva's Polished Wardrobe Picks
- Restaurant Review: Ponsonby Newcomer Elmos Serves Up Pretty Much Perfect Pizza
- Emilia Wickstead's Pre-Fall 2020 Look Book Celebrates Motherhood