Love At First Seat
Halfway between an outdoor settee and a shelter, this is the love seat to end all love seats
Daring design-lover seeks big softie with style and quirky personality. Must be the strong, silent type, be up for a bit of romance, and love pets.
Yes, finding decent outdoor furniture is as tricky as finding a partner. You could make a commitment to the rattan type like everybody else, or find your perfect match in the Dedon Tigmi. Halfway between an outdoor settee and a shelter, this is the love seat to end all love seats. Jean-Marie Massaud, a French designer known for his unconventional, nature-inspired furniture, has created an unusually wide and deep sofa, that could comfortably fit two people, daybed-style, or accommodate several friends (if that’s what you’re into).
But what really sets it apart is its woven, detachable canopy, (not shown here), that gives the effect of a shady pergola or “palapa”, an open-sided dwelling with a thatched roof made of palm leaves. It’s a sofa so desirable you’ll be tempted to stay outdoors.
• Dedon Tigmi, POA, from Domo Luxury Furniture Concepts, domo.co.nz
- Mediterranean Vegetable Tarte Tatin
- Why Gin Is So Popular On The Rugged Scotland Island Known For Its Whisky
- Cinnamon & Walnut Brioche Scrolls
- The Beauty Brand Unlocking The Power Of Native Australian Botanicals
- Favourite Things: Cook & Nelson Founders Nick Brown and Rebecca Caughey
- The Best Design Stores in Mt Eden