Retro-Print Fabrics for the Bedroom
Look for modern updates if you're not up to the hunt for vintage fabrics
Liven up a dreary room this winter with bright, bold and retro-print fabrics. Sure, you could hunt through op shops in the hope of finding original, untarnished fabrics or, if you’re not into the hunt, look for updates of original vintage prints instead. This ‘Karuselli’ fabric (pictured) was originally designed in 1973 by Japanese textile designer Katsuji Wakisaka for Marimekko, and has recently been brought back to life for today.
Since the 60s Marimekko has become known for its vibrant textile designs and clever use of colour and prints. “Our designers, each with a distinct, personal style, are spreading happiness through their designs,” they explain on their website. This painterly print, which comes with a green or white background, has just arrived at Bolt of Cloth, the exclusive New Zealand stockist of the Finnish design company. Available as fabric, there is also a cosmetic bag, plates, mugs, bowls, a duvet and cushion covers — so you can spread the happiness throughout your home.
• Ph (09) 520 5660.
- Why Hastings Is Hawke's Bay Hottest New Food Destination
- Clementine Chia Jam
- House Of Gucci: A First Glimpse At Ridley Scott's Impossibly Alluring Film
- Jack Antonoff On Songwriting, Being An Emotional Baby & His Quest To Find Joy
- Crispy Salmon With Noodles & Veges
- See Benee Team Up With The NZSO & More Fun Things For The Weekend