Retro-Print Fabrics for the Bedroom
Look for modern updates if you're not up to the hunt for vintage fabrics
Liven up a dreary room this winter with bright, bold and retro-print fabrics. Sure, you could hunt through op shops in the hope of finding original, untarnished fabrics or, if you’re not into the hunt, look for updates of original vintage prints instead. This ‘Karuselli’ fabric (pictured) was originally designed in 1973 by Japanese textile designer Katsuji Wakisaka for Marimekko, and has recently been brought back to life for today.
Since the 60s Marimekko has become known for its vibrant textile designs and clever use of colour and prints. “Our designers, each with a distinct, personal style, are spreading happiness through their designs,” they explain on their website. This painterly print, which comes with a green or white background, has just arrived at Bolt of Cloth, the exclusive New Zealand stockist of the Finnish design company. Available as fabric, there is also a cosmetic bag, plates, mugs, bowls, a duvet and cushion covers — so you can spread the happiness throughout your home.
• Ph (09) 520 5660.
- Conceptual Artist Zac Langdon-Pole On Belonging & Identity
- Where You Can Buy Viva Magazine - Volume Three
- Ever Wondered How To Layer Skincare Acids? Here's How
- Roasted Cauliflower With Avocado Mash Recipe
- Watch: Prada Womenswear Autumn/Winter 2021
- Strut At The Supreme Ball, Surf At A Beach Fest & More Fun Things For The Weekend