Where to Go: Sidart's New Refit
Here’s your first peek inside the new-look Sidart
Here’s your first peek inside the new-look Sidart, master chef Sid Sahrawat’s award-winning restaurant at Three Lamps Plaza, which has just undergone a lavish facelift.
Sidart ‘2.0’ adds a second dining area, which has its own marble bar with mirrored tiles — the Alhambra room, a nod to its previous incarnation — and dedicated bathroom facilities. The restaurant now seats an extra 20-plus guests, both dining rooms can be booked for private functions and, for the first time, solo diners can be catered for.
“For us, the expansion of Sidart completes the dining experience that we want our customers to have,” Sid, pictured here with wife Chand, says.
“It is relaxed but perfectly formed in every way now.”
The new space, created by Orb Design, is much lighter and more open. Key features include beautiful Peter Collis hanging pendant lights, textured walls and hex-tiled flooring, which pairs with hex-shaped screens as room dividers. The chef’s working area in the original dining room is also made of marble, and stylish new dining tables are made of thick bare oak.
• Sidart is at 283 Ponsonby Rd, Three Lamps,ph (09) 360 2122. Visit sidart.co.nzShare this:
- NFTs Are Transforming The Global Art Market, But Are They Worth The Hype?
- Brace The Big Chill With These Winter Accessories
- What We've Been Crushing On This June
- Roe v Wade: Allbirds Commits To US Staff Abortions After Supreme Court Ruling
- Nici Wickes' Creamy Prawn & Lemon Risotto For One
- Hot Take: Your Fashion & Beauty News Refresher For The Week Of 27/06/22