Where to Go: Sidart's New Refit
Here’s your first peek inside the new-look Sidart
Here’s your first peek inside the new-look Sidart, master chef Sid Sahrawat’s award-winning restaurant at Three Lamps Plaza, which has just undergone a lavish facelift.
Sidart ‘2.0’ adds a second dining area, which has its own marble bar with mirrored tiles — the Alhambra room, a nod to its previous incarnation — and dedicated bathroom facilities. The restaurant now seats an extra 20-plus guests, both dining rooms can be booked for private functions and, for the first time, solo diners can be catered for.
“For us, the expansion of Sidart completes the dining experience that we want our customers to have,” Sid, pictured here with wife Chand, says.
“It is relaxed but perfectly formed in every way now.”
The new space, created by Orb Design, is much lighter and more open. Key features include beautiful Peter Collis hanging pendant lights, textured walls and hex-tiled flooring, which pairs with hex-shaped screens as room dividers. The chef’s working area in the original dining room is also made of marble, and stylish new dining tables are made of thick bare oak.
• Sidart is at 283 Ponsonby Rd, Three Lamps,ph (09) 360 2122. Visit sidart.co.nzShare this:
- The Significance Behind The Inauguration Ball Gown Through History
- Our Feel-Good Guide: 20 Ways To Put A Pep In Your Step In 2021
- Six Spa Treatments That Evoke That ‘Holiday’ Feeling
- Turmeric-Infused Recipes
- Sex & The City Is Back, But The World Has Changed — So Should The Clothes
- Hospitality Pros Clare & Joost Van Den Berg Are About To Launch A Modern Greek Taverna In Ponsonby