Chill Out Beauty Hacks
Give relaxation a helping hand with these rather soothing ideas
Rose Quartz For Your Face
Turn your home into an impromptu day spa with the help of a facial roller, an ancient Chinese beauty tool that aims to detoxify the skin, promote lymphatic drainage and reduce puffiness and under-eye circles. Some people also find it helps relax the muscles in the jaw. $59 from The Facialist.
Research shows that lavender reduces anxiety and promotes sleep, and this spray from Salt by Hendrix can be used on both skin and hair — spritz lightly on yourself or your pillow for instant calm. $18 from Tonic Room.
Slip On A Silky Eye Mask
Add some luxury to your relaxation routine with a silk eye mask. This one from Slip is made using high-grade mulberry silk and certified non-toxic dyes, perfect for some restorative shut-eye. $65 from Superette. Ph (09) 360 2360.
This stress and mood tonic from Misty Day Brews is made with 100 per cent organic Ashwagandha powder, an ancient Ayurvedic herb said to calm the nervous system while simultaneously boosting energy levels. $20.
Give Yourself a Magnesium Massage
This face and body moisturiser from Elektra contains concentrated magnesium, which has been shown to help with calming nerves and anxiety, relieving muscle aches and spasms, and treating insomnia. From $8, from Oh Natural.
- Get Reddy: The Best Red Lipsticks To See You Through Party Season
- Frank Body Co-Founder Jess Hatzis-Walker Shares Her Beauty Routine
- Victoria Beckham's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Looks
- Simple Makeup Tips Every Glasses Wearer Needs To Know
- A-Z Of International Cruelty-Free Brands To Add To Your Beauty Regime
- Freshen Up For 2020: Five Beauty Treatments To Book Now Or In The New Year