Celebrate Chinese New Year With These Red Hot Beauty Products
The Year of the Rat begins on January 25 and with it comes a host of special beauty launches
Herald the Lunar New Year — January 25 marks the start of the Year of the Rat — by snaring your own pet collectible from these special beauty launches. As celebrations for a new cycle of good fortune loom, even rodents deserve their day.
1. Elizabeth Arden Advanced Ceramide Capsules Youth Restoring Serum $150
Sixty individual capsules of serum are housed in this red jar. The rich oil within is designed to replenish and restore the ceramides skin loses with age and to strengthen its moisture barrier. On counter at selected pharmacies and Farmers from Friday, see Farmers.co.nz
2. Nars Singapore Eyeshadow Quad $89
Everyday wearable bronzy colours in special occasion glitzy packaging — what’s not to love? Especially when the versatile finely milled eye shadows glide on so well. There’s also decorative canisters of Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in Orgasm and Nuits de Chine shades for $48 each. From Mecca stores or at Meccabeauty.co.nz
3. M.A.C Lunar Illusion Lipstick in Ruby Woo $38
A striking 12-piece limited life collection from M.A.C includes its top-selling blue-red lipstick shade. All items, including palettes and compacts, come in decorative packaging that picks up on intricate patterns and colours seen within the Forbidden City in Beijing. Available in Auckland from M.A.C Botany, St Lukes, and Sylvia Park, Farmers Albany and Newmarket and Smith & Caughey’s Queen St, or see Maccosmetics.co.nz
4. Kiehl’s Lunar New Year Limited Edition Ultra Facial Cream $98
Featuring an original work by Melbourne-based illustrator Eirian Chapman, the popular unisex moisturiser is in fun form. Rock-It the Rat is shown on an adventure in Kiehl’s hometown of New York City. The creature also pops up on bottles of Kiehl’s popular Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, $60. From selected counters, including at Smithandcaugheys.co.nz
5. Sisley Lunar New Year Ecological Compound Set $330
This gift box of revitalising French skincare suits all skin types. The renowned lightweight moisturising and rebalancing emulsion is supported by deluxe samples of Sisley L’Integral serum, face cream and eye and lip contour cream. From Smith and Caughey’s, Queen St; David Jones, Newmarket; and Sisley.com.au
6. Dior Hypnotic Poison Hair Mist $89
Fragrance fans will find plenty of choice in red bottles, but for something new Dior has brought out this hair mist, rehabilitating an old favourite scent
in an enticing alternative application. The wearer can waft by in an intoxicating cloud. On counters in selected department store from next week.
7. Estée Lauder Limited Edition Advanced Night Repair $190
The trusty serum comes coloured and with a bonus Lunar New Year keyring, or find limited edition red-themed Pure Color Envy Lipsticks, $63, and a Beautiful Belle perfume set, $179. At department store and selected pharmacy counters.
8. Clinique Limited Edition Cheek Pop Highlighter in Gold $48
Cute as a button, this little embossed disc of illuminator will get you glowing. Only from Clinique.co.nz. Red bottles of Clinique’s Dramatically Different moisturising bases in lotion, gel and jelly variations are also new for the celebratory season. Bottles are priced at $55 each, from selected Life pharmacies and Farmers.
9. Too Faced Diamond Light Highlighter $58
Inside this trinket-worthy box you’ll find a shining swirl of one of Too Faced’s hand-poured powders infused with crushed diamond powder and pearl to add buildable sheen to your complexion. Meccabeauty.co.nz
10. Lancôme Chinese New Year 2020 Limited Edition Advance Genifique $295
A jumbo 100ml size of the skincare serum is dressed up in a sparkling red bottle, ready to brighten and refine your skincare regimen. From department stores and pharmacies.
11. Shiseido Limited Edition Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate $208
Fortify your skin for the New Year with this concentrate to layer into your routine or check out Shiseido’s other seasonal limited edition, a smart box set of five deluxe mini Modern Matte Powder Lipsticks for $82. From selected department stores and pharmacies.
12. Eve Lom Lunar New Year Cleanser $189
The fancily boxed cleansing cream from a Hollywood facialist who grew up in Czechoslavakia where she helped her grandmother make herbal potions is an ideal way to give your skin a fresh start. At Mecca stores, see Meccabeauty.co.nz
13. Bobbi Brown Luxe Jewels Highlighting Powder Limited Edition $110
Bobbi Brown’s Luxe and Fortune collection for Lunar New Year includes this highlighter, an eye palette and lip products, including three shades each of Luxe Liquid Lip and Luxe Lip Colour, all smartly packaged in red and gold and adding grown-up gleam to your beauty look. From selected department stores, including Smithandcaughey.co.nz
14. Fenty Beauty Stunna Lunar New Year Highlighter + Lip Set $89
Full-sized Fenty favourites combine in this beautiful box which features a Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in champagne shades and a Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored, a longwearing soft matte red. Better yet, it’s a value buy, and so available for only a limited time. From Sephora, Queen St, or Sephora.co.nz
15. Jo Malone London Limited Edition English Pear & Freesia colognes, 30ml for $120 and 100ml for $240
The Brit brand is boxing clever with red ribbon replacing black as trim on its covetable cream boxes. Inside have packed your chosen size of a special tassle-trimmed English Pear & Freesia fragrance or home candle for $115. The brand also has its own red money envelopes. Jomalone.co.nz
16. Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered Palette $113
This quality palette pulls together flattering gold and pink shades in a redesigned version of an earlier hit Huda rose gold selection. This new palette comes with a mirror and contains 18 well-pigmented eye shadows in matte, metallic and pressed pearl, plus a wet and dry texture, allowing an array of looks. Sephora.co.nz
17. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder $77
A makeup artist’s favourite, this barely there powder gives the ideal finish to a porcelain complexion. Like a limited edition red lipstick from Mercier, its packaging takes on the Chinese celebratory shade. Meccabeauty.co.nz
18. Sephora Collection Sequin Brush Set $89 (on sale for a limited time at $44.50)
Add some bling to your makeup application with this set of four essential brushes for face and eyes. Made with synthetic bristles, the foundation, powder, blush and all-purpose eye brushes are sold with a sequin carry pouch. From Sephora, Queen St and Sephora.co.nz
19. Glam Glow Lunar New Year Supermud Clearing Treatment $102
Clarify your complexion to face what’s ahead with this much vaunted mud treatment, given the star treatment from its usual black pottle with a red, white and gold makeover. Meccabeauty.co.nz
20. Clarins Limited Edition Golden Double Serum $175
This stalwart of the Clarins skincare range is considered by many as liquid gold for the complexion and now it’s in a bottle to match. Two separate chambers within contain oil and water based ingredients designed to blend together on application. From selected department stores and pharmacies, including Farmers.co.nz
Discover The Purifying Clay Masque Inspired By New Zealand’s Natural Beauty
Monday Sept. 7, 2020Sponsored
- How Track Pants Became 2020's Breakout Wardrobe Star
- Tommy Hilfiger On The State Of America & Opening A New Zealand Flagship Store
- Meet The Nose Behind Aesop's Unexpected New Rose Fragrance
- From Helpful Apps To Mindful Pottery: The Myriad Ways To Mark Mental Health Awareness Week
- Moana Maniapoto & The Enduring Legacy Of 'AEIOU'
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US Supreme Court Judge & Liberal Icon Dies Aged 87