Healthy Valentine's Day Treats to Give
Nothing says 'I love you' quite like healthy food and treats
1. Homemade always impresses. Make Viva recipe editor Angela Casley’s healthy and delicious date and coconut balls.
2. Buy your loved one a culinary experience. One of Auckland’s most celebrated chefs, Michael Meredith of Merediths and Eat My Lunch, will be hosting a cooking class at Sabato on March 7 with an evening crammed with innovative ideas and fresh dishes you can recreate at home. $98 per person, see sabato.co.nz to book
3. There is nothing quite like fresh fruit, so spoil your other half with punnets of freshly picked berries - preferably organic and from a cute road side stall, because you’re thoughtful like that.
4. If your partner is gluten-free, dairy-free and/or vegan, surprise them with a Valentine’s Picnic Box from Little Bird. Crammed with healthy treats, it’s a perfect pick for a romantic picnic for two.
5. Try a twist on the classic ‘chocolates for Valentine’s Day’ scenario and gift them a Valrhona Guanaja tin instead. Made from the finest South American beans, the intensely bitter chocolate has deliciously soft floral notes and with the 70 per cent cocoa content - it’s full of antioxidants and good for the heart, circulation and brain. That’s sexy. $19.90, from Sabato. Ph (09) 630 8751.
6. Instead of 12 red roses, treat your beloved foodie to a dozen delicious delicacies. Spend February 14 at Waiheke’s The Oyster Inn, devouring fresh oysters with lemon, chardonnay vinegar and shallots. $50 for a dozen, ph (09) 372 2222.
7. Spend your Sunday at a special Valentine’s Day Workshop at The Centre. Join yoga teacher, naturopath, nutritionist and herbalist Dani Ramaekers from 2-4.15pm for a heart focused yoga session, before devouring a Little Bird health and libido-focused afternoon tea featuring raw chocolates infused with essential oils. $95 per person.
8. Why not gift a PHD raw juice cleanse? With six specially formulated cold pressed vegetable and fruit juices a day, it’s the perfect gift for your health conscious other half. You could do it too. Because a couple that survives a cleanse together, stays together.
- Want To Break Up With Fast Fashion? This New Book Is Here To Help
- Celebrate Chinese New Year With These Red Hot Beauty Products
- Old-Fashioned Tomato & Onion 'Pie'
- 9 Wardrobe Staples You'll Find In Every Stylish Royal's Repertoire
- Favourite Things: Sunday Best Design Studio's Georgia Yates & Logan Smith
- Green Tomato Tabbouleh