How to Create Your Own Essential Oil Roller Blends
With gorgeous scents and therapeutic qualities, essential oils will add a little magic to your beauty routine
Roller blends are possibly the easiest way to incorporate the magic of essential oils into your every day, and the possibility of blends is beautifully endless.
You might like to take inspiration from my own favourite essential oil combinations to get you started, or get creative, and make your own.
Please note that some oils are not recommended to use during pregnancy including clary sage, cinnamon, fennel, rosemary, basil, jasmine and rose. Seek medical advice before using.
My Favourite Combinations
Cleanse – grapefruit, lime and bergamot
Uplift – lime, lemon, grapefruit and wild orange
Purify – wild orange, ylang-ylang, lemon
Refresh – peppermint, lemon, clove
Focus – lemon, cedarwood, frankincense, bergamot
Energise – grapefruit, peppermint, lemon
Relax– lavender, vetiver, cedarwood
Immunity – tea tree, lemon, frankincense, oregano
Breathe – eucalyptus, peppermint, lemon
Sleep – lavender, bergamot, cedarwood
Spice – wild orange, cinnamon, frankincense
De-stress – lavender, frankincense, ylang-ylang, vetiver
Allergy relief – lavender, lemon, peppermint
Memory booster – rosemary, lavender, ginger
Bug deterrent – tea tree, rosemary, citronella
What You’ll Need
10ml glass roller bottle
Essential oils of your choice
*I use fractionated coconut oil as I find it absorbs into the skin easily, almond oil or jojoba oil also work well.
1. To begin, add 6-8 drops of essential oil into your roller bottle. Keep in mind that less is more.
2. Fill to the top with the carrier oil of your choice, pop the lid on, and carefully tip upside down a few times to blend.
3. To use, roll on to your wrists, neck, or behind your ears to soak up the aromatherapy goodness.Share this:
- What To Wear To The Office In 2020: Viva's Polished Wardrobe Picks
- Restaurant Review: Ponsonby Newcomer Elmos Serves Up Pretty Much Perfect Pizza
- Emilia Wickstead's Pre-Fall 2020 Look Book Celebrates Motherhood
- Where To Find The Best Inner-City Work Lunches In Auckland
- 10 Beauty Items The Viva Team Always Have At Their Desks
- This Archival Edit Of Vintage Fashion Will Inspire Your Office Attire