Elizabeth Arden & Reese Witherspoon March On For Women
The Hollywood powerhouse is paying homage to bold red lipstick
Reese Witherspoon, one of the leading Hollywood figures driving the Time’s Up campaign, pays homage to the enduring power of wearing a bold red lipstick.
The colour was adopted by American suffragettes for their marches up Fifth Avenue more than a century ago and was supplied to them by early cosmetic entrepreneur Elizabeth Arden as a marker of defiantly feminine identity.
“It’s imperative that we aren’t silent with our sisters,” Reese recently told a Silicon Valley women’s conference, urging them to join the ongoing fight for equality and safe workplaces.
The 41-year-old powerhouse and actor-producer of hit show Big Little Lies is now lending her star status to raising money for women. First through the Time’s Up Legal Defence Fund, set up to fight workplace harassment suits; and now through her role as Elizabeth Arden’s “storyteller in chief”, fronting the company’s new March On campaign and supporting United Nations efforts to advance women’s opportunities and issues.
This month you can join the cause, with all proceeds from worldwide sales of the special limited-edition lipstick Reese is wearing going to UN Women. The cannister of the signature shade is signed by her — in red, of course.
• Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lipstick in signature Red Door Red is on sale now at all Elizabeth Arden department store and pharmacy stockists, priced at $51.
- The Coolest Looks From The Grammys Red Carpet 2020
- Scarlett Johansson's Beauty Evolution: Her Best Red Carpet Looks
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe