The Test Drive: Detox Package Treatment Review At So Spa, Auckland City
Johanna Thornton tries out a luxurious salt scrub from Auckland city's So Spa
The promise: A head-to-toe reset to release environmental toxins with a Himalayan salt scrub and wrap, a head and body massage and a deep cleansing Urban Detox facial.
The practice: So Spa naturopath Amelia Pells begins by gently stroking the body with warm Himalayan salt stones to stimulate the lymphatic system. After a vigorous exfoliating salt scrub, the body is wrapped in foil for the salt to do its work releasing surface skin toxins, and there's a relaxing head massage while you wait.
The salt is then rinsed off prior to a de-stressing full-body massage. The tailored Urban Detox facial employs a peel-off chlorella and charcoal mask, as well as Skin Regime products to cleanse, detoxify and purify the skin. Facial massage is a key component, with a rolling roulage technique to plump and brighten the skin and lymphatic drainage massage to reduce puffiness.
The place: So Spa at So/ Auckland, 67 Customs St, central city. Visit So-auckland.com.
The price: $410 for 165 minutes, includes valet parking and use of the relxation room and sauna.
The verdict: Truly restorative and rejuvenating. This is a long and indulgent treatment, ideal as a pre- or post-summer full-body reset.
- Live Music, Craft Markets & More Fun Things For The Long Weekend
- Rose Matafeo On Her New Film 'Baby Done' & Being Her Own Harshest Critic
- The Vampire's Wife Gothic Collaboration With H&M Launches Today
- Opinion: Is It Okay to Talk About Fashion & Politics?
- Allbirds Take Textiles Innovation To The Next Level With Its New Apparel Line
- The Test Drive: Bespoke Pro-Youth Renewal Treatment At Chuan Spa