The Test Drive: Fluid Flow Treatment Review From Look Lab, Westmere
Beauty editor Janetta Mackay trials this procedure from new medi-spa Look Lab
The promise: The Fluid Flow LPG Endermologie procedure improves circulation and reduces fluid retention by targeting the lower body to smooth cellulite and tighten legs. New medi-spa Look Lab — a venture of Italian therapist Linda Codegoni and her partner, businessman and former All Black Marc Ellis — brings a measured European approach to face and body care.
The practice: Look Lab’s eclectic loft-like interior and Linda’s warm yet matter-of-fact manner is a welcome change of spa scene. I’m given a gauze-like body stocking to wear during the treatment that hides my shame when Linda tells me that my less-than-taut derriere has deep-seated issues.
Better than dimply surface cellulite to work on, apparently, but realistically I’d require a course of treatments for more than temporary tonal improvement. The Endermologie machine’s suction action glides across the stocking and it doesn’t hurt a bit. After to-ing and fro-ing along my limbs, bottom and abdomen, I unwrap and have a body firming gel cream applied.
The place: Look Lab, 2 Kingsley St (corner Richmond Rd), Westmere. Visit Looklab.co.nz.
The price: $240 for 40 minutes. Treatments also available for arms and tummy toning (suitable post-pregnancy).
The verdict: Suck it up and slowly shape up.
- Relax In A Gin Garden, Visit A Film Festival & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- Countdown To Christmas: 2020’s Best Beauty Advent Calendars
- Spinach & Pistachio-Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Prosciutto Recipe
- The Coolest Looks At The American Music Awards 2020
- Discovering The Italian Flavours At Non Solo Pizza
- What To Wear Now: How Has 2020 Shaped Our Wardrobes?