The Test Drive: Sensational Orientales Treatment Review At Chuan Spa, Auckland City
Beauty editor Janetta Mackay trials this gentle exfoliation and massage inspired by ancient rites
The promise: Sothy’s Sensational Orientales provides true relaxation with a gentle full-body exfoliation and massage inspired by ancient rites. Warm amber and date massage oil will help invigorate the skin.
The practice: The French beauty house is a new partner at Chuan Spa, where therapist Pra explains that a body syrup will be applied before exfoliation with a handmade terracotta tile. A rub down with mitts removes any residue before an extended and accomplished body moulding massage with Sothy’s seasonal Amber & Myrhh fragranced oil.
My skin is left nourished and I’m escorted to the Dream Room to rouse myself with a fresh juice shot (red grape, lemon, lime and ginger) and tea. Pra then presents me with the French tile as a take-home token to continue the body-smoothing quest.
The place: Chuan Spa at Cordis, 83 Symonds St, Auckland. Visit Chuanspa.co.nz.
The price: A special 75-minute Sensational Escape package, $250, is available Monday to Friday only, until December 31. This includes a glass of sparkling wine and a complimentary travel-size Sothy’s body lotion and bag. Clients may park free for up to three hours and are welcome to arrive early to use the hotel’s rooftop pool and spa sauna and steam room.
The verdict: Cosseting indulgence.
- 12 Stylishly Practical Raincoats To Buy Right Now
- Will The Future Be Fun? With These 20 Ideas, It Could Be
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze
- Inside 'Harry's House', A Delicious Party Record From A Big Romantic
- Dare To DIY This Ball Season? Here's What You Need To Know
- Embrace Your Inner Gourmand With 15 Cosy Dining Essentials