Where to Visit: True Food and Yoga
Nic and Kelly Watt's new opening True Food and Yoga is taking over the old Hammerheads site in Okahu Bay
Opening this weekend in the old Hammerheads building, Kelly and Nic Watt's True Food and Yoga promises to be like nothing Auckland has seen before.
Firstly, there’s that pedigree. Through his excellent, award-winning Masu and Madame Hanoi restaurants, we all know Nic has a talent for teasing the simplest of ingredients into sophisticated dishes. Wife Kelly has a particular interest in whole foods and ‘botanical’ eating and while they say their bistro “isn’t raw, isn’t paleo, isn’t sugar-free”, they say it will carry enough of those elements to satisfy anyone who comes seeking them.
Secondly, there’s that view. Nic and Kelly have completely overhauled the old Hammerheads site, but the interior barely matters when you have a view that sublime. Kelly is a qualified yoga teacher; she has hand-selected some of the most highly regarded teachers in town who will be chomping at the bit to unroll their Lululemon mats in such a beautiful space.
The couple appreciate the role this iconic building has played in the community and are keen to further it. They will have drinking stations outside to aid athletes who use Tamaki Dr as their gym, as well as areas to store bikes and SUPS, for those wishing to head upstairs and enjoy a drink (Organic Mechanic kombucha on tap alongside craft beers, biodynamic wines and custom-blend naturopathic teas from Tonic Room in Kingsland are among those on the extensive menu).
The 80-seat bistro will serve lunch and dinner seven days a week, as well as being open for brunch Saturday and Sunday. The space will also be home to pilates, barre, chiropractic services, facials and a carefully selected retail offering.
• True Food and Yoga, 19 Tamaki Dr, Okahu Bay. Visit truefoodandyoga.co.nz
- Real Weddings: Saru Krishnasamy & Samir Allen At Glasshouse, Morningside
- Restaurant Review: The Garden Shed Offers A Sense Of Sanctuary In Mt Eden
- Naveya & Sloane Co-Founder Rachel Sloane's Beauty Routine
- How To Take The Humble Grilled Cheese Sandwich To The Next Level
- Snack Time: A Decadent Scallop Menu & More Tasty Food News
- Makeup Artist Gee Pikinga's Beauty Routine