Get Prada's Runway Hair
Updos get an update this season
We’ll be searching out jewelled barrettes to give our updos an update, as seen at Prada and Dolce & Gabbana this show season. Super-stylist and Redken global creative director Guido Palau used the decorative clips and combs as a finishing touch on his formal-with-a-twist look. “It has a slightly 50s or 60s kind of feeling, which is always Prada-like, but it’s still very modern and sort of futuristic,” he says. “The loose ends of the ponytail give you that feeling of youngness and easiness.”
As for the barrettes, check out accessories stores, including the likes of Lovisa, or dig around in vintage shops for pretty clips to pin your hair in place.
Here's how to create the Prada AW 2015 show hair look created by Guido Paulo:
1. Apply a quarter-size amount of mousse (Guido used Redken Stay High 18 high-hold gel to mousse $36 - not available in New Zealand until June) to damp hair and blow dry flat against the head and away from the face.
2. Gather hair into a very high, tight ponytail in the middle of the head and secure with an elastic.
3. Hide the elastic by wrapping a small section of hair from the ponytail around the band, securing with a small U-shaped pin.
4. Section by section, backcomb the ponytail near the elastic to create volume.
5. Flip the length of the ponytail to one side and secure with closed fasteners (i.e. bobby pins) and a decorative barrette.
6. Finish with a thorough spray of hair spray (Guido used Redken Fashion Work 12 spray) to hold the style and clean up any flyaways.Share this: