4 Things to do This Weekend
Fight for fashion or catch a film over the weekend
SHOP: Stolen Girlfriends Club Sample Sale
Elbows and credit cards at the ready: the great Stolen Girlfriends Club sample sale is on this weekend, with one-offs, catwalk outfits and archive pieces available to buy. Bring your competitive spirit, there are bound to be a few tears.
- 6 Crummer Rd, Grey Lynn, Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 9am - 4pm, event details here
Fashion royalty Charlotte Gainsbourg stars alongside Omar Sy (The Intouchables) in this dramatic comedy from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano. Set in France, Samba follows the story of a lonesome immigration officer who falls for a long-term illegal Senegalese immigrant.
- Rialto Cinemas Dunedin
VISIT: Billy Apple
Auckland Art Gallery is housing a retrospective of New Zealand pop artist Billy Apple including more than 150 works. Spanning his fascinating 50-year career, the exhibition looks at his early pop and conceptual works in the 60s to his investigations into branding and biomedicine.
- Auckland Art Gallery, March 14 - June 21
LAUGH: Comedy All Stars
Guy Williams, Justine Smith, Pax Assadi and Paul Douglas are your comedy all stars this weekend at The Classic in this 2 hour regular show. This is one of the most popular shows at the venue, so be sure to book.
- The Classic, Friday and Saturday night, 8pm and 10.35pm.
- The Local Fashion Brands Making Face Masks
- The Adorable Pets Looking For Their Forever Home
- Stylish Accessories For Pampered Pets & Their Owners
- Watch: Kate Sylvester & Hera Lindsay Bird On What It Means To Be An 'Exploding Woman'
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews New Yakitori Restaurant Omni
- Chef Kirsten Gilmour's Ode To New Zealand's Cafe Culture