7 Fun Things to Do This Auckland Anniversary Weekend
Plan your long weekend with these fun events around Auckland
1. Try the new Chicken Feasting Menu at the new Bird on a Wire inside Ponsonby Central. The space has taken over from Toru cafe, and will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner - as well as delivery.
2. Laneway Festival returns to Silo Park on Monday, with a stylish line up including experimental pop musician and Louis Vuitton favourite Grimes, and 20-year-old Las Vegas native Shamir. Also keep an ear out for exciting local bands Leisure and Scuba Diva. Need an outfit? Take cues from some of the stylish artists themselves.
3. Enjoy fresh seafood, Waitemata Harbour views, live music and chef demonstrations at the Auckland Seafood Festival from Friday to Monday at Halsey Wharf.
4. The annual Mission Bay Arts & Crafts Market celebrates its 20th anniversary this long weekend, and is set to pack out Selwyn Domain on Monday with around 200 stalls offering food, art and fashion.
5. Watch the highly anticipated, four-time Oscar nominated film The Danish Girl, inspired by the true story of Danish artists Lili Elbe (played by Eddie Redmayne) and her wife Gerda (Alicia Vikander).
6. Visit Ponsonby favourite Orphans Kitchen to try the decadent new dessert menu.
7. It’s almost your last chance to see the exhibition At the Beach: 100 Years of Summer Fashion in New Zealand, which looks at how New Zealand’s proximity to the coast has informed our approach to dressing. Visit at the Maritime Museum, Cnr Quay and Hobson Sts, Auckland. Read more about the exhibition.
- Restaurant Review: Al Brown's Depot Is Better Than Ever
- Vintage Treasure Trove Love James Makes Its Glamorous Debut
- Learn Kintsugi, Peruse Some Paua & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- Warm & Fuzzy: It's Time To Play With Winter Layering
- Hunker Down With Garlicky Chicken & Cannellini Beans
- Runway Highlights: Chanel's Autumn/Winter 2022/2023 Haute Couture Collection