Anno Domini Rooftop Party Cocktails
Auckland's best rooftop party returns for summer next week. Here, mixologist Kate Rose shares some of her cocktail recipes for the first Anno Domini party
Auckland's best rooftop party Anno Domini returns to the East Terrace of the Auckland Art Gallery this summer, with the first event kicking off next weekend featuring UK DJ Ben UFO and Melbourne new wave dance music producer Tornado Wallace.
Local acts K2K, Tim Richards, Friendly Potential DJs, Becky and Minder will perform in support at all three events, which also take place on January 8 (with Theo Parrish and CC:DISCO!) and March 12 (with Midland and Gerd Janson).
Mixologist Kate Rose (formerly of Mea Culpa) has concocted four delicious cocktails for the party, which is inspired by similar rooftop events around the world.
"We think that fresh summer ingredients speak for themselves so we’ve tried to kept the cocktails crisp, fresh and easy drinking for a great afternoon in the sun," she says.
Her favourite is Firefly, which pairs Broken Shed Vodka with San Pellegrino Aranciata Rosa and fresh pomegranate to create "a fresh summer libation sure to keep you cool on those hot summer days".
Here are some of Kate's other mixes for the first party on Sunday afternoon.
Dark & Stormy
Five-year-old Angostura, cinnamon, clove, star anise, lime, mint and Gosling's Ginger Beer.
Thomas Dakin Gin, lemon, worchestershire, port, balsamic, tomato juice, celery, rosemary, chilli, salt, pepper with mandolin cucumber and crispy bacon.
Five-year-old Angostura, coconut water, fresh pineapple, citrus and caramalised coconut.
Broken Shed Vodka, chamomile, Yellow Chartreuse, orange bitters, basil and San Pellegrino Limonata.
• Anno Domini takes place at Auckland Art Gallery on December 11, January 8 and March 12, visit justtheticketnz.comShare this:
- How Track Pants Became 2020's Breakout Wardrobe Star
- Tommy Hilfiger On The State Of America & Opening A New Zealand Flagship Store
- Meet The Nose Behind Aesop's Unexpected New Rose Fragrance
- From Helpful Apps To Mindful Pottery: The Myriad Ways To Mark Mental Health Awareness Week
- Moana Maniapoto & The Enduring Legacy Of 'AEIOU'
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US Supreme Court Judge & Liberal Icon Dies Aged 87