A New Gin Pop-Up Marks The Opening Of The Glasshouse In Morningside
Bombay Sapphire's The Living Gallery pop-up is the perfect excuse for a cocktail
Here at Viva we say a great cocktail is an artform in itself. A perfectly made pre-dinner negroni on a warm summer’s evening? It’s perfection.
The latest art-fuelled pop-up venture from Bombay Sapphire, The Living Gallery, promises to heighten this experience further with unique gin cocktails that celebrate a sensory element — be it taste, sight or smell. The artistry component comes courtesy of the creative cocktails served at interactive drink stations, as well as an evolving mural centrepiece created by artist-in-residence Harris Keenen.
In charge of the drinks are four of the country’s best bars: Parasol & Swing, Bedford Soda & Liquor, Yonder in Queenstown and Forresters Lane in Wellington.
Each mixologist had one of the senses top of mind when crafting their drink. Parasol & Swing’s Richard Stonehouse focused on “taste” with a savoury Tuscan martini made from gin, Italian wine, balsamic and black pepper to be garnished with a bespoke Italian-inspired chocolate. To evoke the sense of smell, Andrew Pollard of Yonder crafted a gimlet with pine sherbet and lemon, to be served under an aromatic bell jar, to transport you to a New Zealand pine forest.
The pop-up is the first event housed at the new Glasshouse building in the Morningside Precinct — a greenhouse-style dome filled with plants and trees of all description — creating an avant-garde art gallery meets botanical wonderland.
• Bombay Sapphire’s The Living Gallery, November 21-25. The Glasshouse, 18 McDonald St, Morningside Precinct. Ticket includes a customised gin and tonic, and two signature cocktails, $45pp from Iticket.co.nz
- Rachel Khoo's New Podcast & Whether Veganism Can Really Save The Planet
- Haberdashery, Bardcore, Fried Chicken & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- How To Update Your Style At Every Age
- Great Transeasonal Coats To Keep You Stylishy Snug
- Aromatic Beef Daube Recipe
- Allbirds & Chinatown Market Team Up For An Exclusive Project Series