Culture Calendar: March 27
New Zealand make-up artist and body painter Joanne Gair has worked with everyone from Demi Moore to Madonna, Heidi Klum and Lady Gaga, and magazines including Vanity Fair and Sports Illustrated. Now she’s exhibiting a series of works on paper. The ink drawings are an extension of her body painting, in which Gair explores how bodies portray emotion, convey intimate moments and engage in provocative movement. On paper she expresses a freedom of form in contrast to the fine detail of her make-up practice.
• Opens today, Blikfang Gallery, 130 Queens St, Northcote Point.
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe
- Cauliflower, Courgette & Chickpea Bake
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Celeb-Filled Campaign Is A Nostalgic Celebration Of Pop Culture