Culture Calendar: March 27
New Zealand make-up artist and body painter Joanne Gair has worked with everyone from Demi Moore to Madonna, Heidi Klum and Lady Gaga, and magazines including Vanity Fair and Sports Illustrated. Now she’s exhibiting a series of works on paper. The ink drawings are an extension of her body painting, in which Gair explores how bodies portray emotion, convey intimate moments and engage in provocative movement. On paper she expresses a freedom of form in contrast to the fine detail of her make-up practice.
• Opens today, Blikfang Gallery, 130 Queens St, Northcote Point.
- Our Favourite Hearty Breakfast Recipes
- Taylor Swift's Surprise New Album 'Folklore' Goes Back To Basics
- Former Vanity Fair Editor On Why Prince Harry In L.A Could Never Work
- Sweet Spice & Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
- What To Expect From Rihanna's Fenty Skin & Kanye's Yeezy Beauty Launches
- Discover Your Signature Scent With These New Release Fragrances