Culture Calendar: March 5
He’s one of New Zealand’s most prolific art collectors, amassing an impressive range of New Zealand paintings, pottery and design objects from such celebrated artists as Pat Hanly, Gordon Walters and Ralph Hotere. Now architect Ron Sang is downsizing, and some of the big-name items are up for auction. “Ron has always been a passionate and generous collector, unlike any other you're likely to encounter and his house, which he designed himself with his collection clearly at the forefront of the brief, stands as a testament and celebration of many of our most celebrated artists and crafts people,” says Art + Object’s Ben Plumbly.
• Ron Sang Collection, Art + Object, 3 Abbey St, Newton, 6.30pm.
- Our Favourite Hearty Breakfast Recipes
- Taylor Swift's Surprise New Album 'Folklore' Goes Back To Basics
- Former Vanity Fair Editor On Why Prince Harry In L.A Could Never Work
- Sweet Spice & Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
- What To Expect From Rihanna's Fenty Skin & Kanye's Yeezy Beauty Launches
- Discover Your Signature Scent With These New Release Fragrances