Flower trucks, the new food trucks
Florcore: it's the latest insta-trend, all about embracing head-to-toe florals in defiance of the more pared back Normcore. It follows another trend we've noticed - flower trucks as the new food trucks. Trends aside, flowers are always in style for Mother's Day, and markets and street stalls are some of the best spots to find them. Check these well-picked and well-priced spots out:
1. The Flower Van
Carole Bowden has graced the Shore Rd Reserve carpark in Remuera with her fresh flower van every weekday for almost three years. She's currently working on a book with photographer Greta Kenyon which will feature beautiful images of her set-up (including the one pictured here, left) and DIY flower ideas, to be released in December. Find her hours at fb.com/carolebowdenevents.
2. Flowers by Wild
We spotted these guys at the new Mt Albert Farmers' Market, located in an old petrol station forecourt. It's quickly become our favourite Saturday morning sojourn to pick up groceries, pastries and a bunch of fresh blooms.
Saturdays from 9am-1pm at 847 New North Rd. See fb.com/mtalbertmarket.
3. La Femme Fleur
This cute new van stationed on the Coxs Bay waterfront is a recent venture from Millie Austin, inspired by her time in Paris. Find her on West End Rd, weekdays from 9am to 2.30pm, and, soon, at the Mt Albert markets on Saturdays too. See lafemmefleur.co.nz.Share this:
- What To Wear To The Office In 2020: Viva's Polished Wardrobe Picks
- Restaurant Review: Ponsonby Newcomer Elmos Serves Up Pretty Much Perfect Pizza
- Emilia Wickstead's Pre-Fall 2020 Look Book Celebrates Motherhood
- Where To Find The Best Inner-City Work Lunches In Auckland
- 10 Beauty Items The Viva Team Always Have At Their Desks
- This Archival Edit Of Vintage Fashion Will Inspire Your Office Attire