Flower trucks, the new food trucks
Florcore: it's the latest insta-trend, all about embracing head-to-toe florals in defiance of the more pared back Normcore. It follows another trend we've noticed - flower trucks as the new food trucks. Trends aside, flowers are always in style for Mother's Day, and markets and street stalls are some of the best spots to find them. Check these well-picked and well-priced spots out:
1. The Flower Van
Carole Bowden has graced the Shore Rd Reserve carpark in Remuera with her fresh flower van every weekday for almost three years. She's currently working on a book with photographer Greta Kenyon which will feature beautiful images of her set-up (including the one pictured here, left) and DIY flower ideas, to be released in December. Find her hours at fb.com/carolebowdenevents.
2. Flowers by Wild
We spotted these guys at the new Mt Albert Farmers' Market, located in an old petrol station forecourt. It's quickly become our favourite Saturday morning sojourn to pick up groceries, pastries and a bunch of fresh blooms.
Saturdays from 9am-1pm at 847 New North Rd. See fb.com/mtalbertmarket.
3. La Femme Fleur
This cute new van stationed on the Coxs Bay waterfront is a recent venture from Millie Austin, inspired by her time in Paris. Find her on West End Rd, weekdays from 9am to 2.30pm, and, soon, at the Mt Albert markets on Saturdays too. See lafemmefleur.co.nz.Share this:
- New Label Sarah Bell Launches With Nostalgic Limited Collection
- Drink Your Way To Better Skin With These Six Skin-Loving Elixirs
- Rachel Khoo's New Podcast & Whether Veganism Can Really Save The Planet
- Haberdashery, Fried Chicken & More Fun Things For The Weekend
- How To Update Your Style At Every Age
- Great Transeasonal Coats To Keep You Stylishy Snug