Fun Things to Do This Weekend 03/11/16
Get your culture fix this weekend with music, film and shopping
1. If you're in the capital, make sure to visit the new Topshop store which opens its doors today. For opening day, the two-level store will be filled with treats, DJs and beauty touch-ups, as well as the latest new season fashion for men and women. Don't miss the new Topshop party season collection, pictured here on top model and former Viva cover girl Damaris Goddrie..
— 256 Lambton Quay, Wellington
2. Blak opens a two-month pop-up store in Newmarket this weekend, housing three of the label's brands, Love, Luxe and Basics. For opening weekend, they will have Six Barrel Soda and The Caker treats on offer, as well as goodie bags with every purchase.
— 246 Broadway, from November 5
3. Love miniature trees? Then don't miss this weekend's National Bonsai Convention. Internationally renowned bonsai artist Peter Warren will be in town for the event. The Londoner has spent the past six years training with a traditional Japanese Bonsai master, and now travels the world teaching and working with Bonsai enthusiasts.
— Auckland Botanic Gardens, 102 Hill Rd, Manurewa, November 4-6
4. Rodd & Gunn's new luxury dining experience The Lodge Bar has just opened; the fashion brand's first foray into hospitality. The space has been curated with brass fittings, American white oak floorboards and a pressed steel bar and fireplace. Chef Matt Lambert of New York's Michelin star restaurant The Musket Kitchen was commissioned to create the menu and leading Master Sommelier Cameron Douglas has created the wine list. Once you're done, pop next door to the beautiful new Louis Vuitton store.
— 2 Rees St, Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown
5. On this Saturday is the Record Fair hosted by Southbound Records. Look out for complimentary baking and coffee for customers, and a live in-store performance by Lawrence Arabia at 4pm.
— Southbound Records, 132 Symonds St, Eden Tce, 10am-12.30pm
6. Stay in and watch National Geographic’s documentary Before the Flood, which explores climate change and what must be done in order to help save the planet — starring Hollywood actor and United Nations Messenger of Peace Leonardo DiCaprio. It is free to stream now on YouTube:Share this:
All The Glittering Highlights From This Year’s Melbourne Cup Day At Viaduct Harbour
Thursday Nov. 7, 2019Sponsored
All The Highlights From The Club Viva Screening Of Gloria Bell, Presented By Rialto Cinemas
Wednesday May 1, 2019
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe
- Cauliflower, Courgette & Chickpea Bake
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Celeb-Filled Campaign Is A Nostalgic Celebration Of Pop Culture