Fun Things to do This Weekend 04/08/16
Why not watch the Auckland Symphony Orchestra perform or head out to the Street Eats festival this weekend?
1. Mahsa opens a pop-up shop this weekend, with pieces from the local brand's Beautiful Imperfection collection for sale. Think voluminous raw silk blouses, soft cotton shirt dresses and boxy linen-blend trousers.
— Flying Fish Studio, 230 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, August 5-6.
2. The annual Street Eats festival returns on Saturday for its fourth year. Head along with an empty stomach as there will be over 80 dishes, from Mexican to Middle Eastern, on offer.
— Shed 10, Queens Wharf, Auckland Waterfront, August 6.
3. K Rd’s First Thursdays event is on this week. The theme ‘The Great Light Way’ will see the strip come alive with light installations, fire dancers and of course late night shopping. Be sure to head to TUR to take a look at the latest pieces from talented locals.
— Various locations across Karangahape Rd, Auckland CBD, August 4.
4. If you’re a fan of classic movie melodies, don’t miss the Auckland Symphony Orchestra’s Film Classics show featuring songs from Star Wars to The Godfather.
— Bruce Mason Centre, The Promenade, Takapuna, August 7.
5. Head to Queenstown for Clicquot in the Snow and indulge in fine dining and champagne with picturesque views. Find out more about the event line-up here.
— Various locations throughout Queenstown, August 3-7.
6. This week the Christchurch Botanic Gardens will be lit up at night-time with light installations and artworks of all kinds. Wrap up warm and take a wander.
— Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch, August 3-7.
- 10 Of The Most Wearable Menswear Trends From Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- Work It: 8 Beauty Products That Deserve Pride Of Place On Your Desk
- Wholesome Apricot Oat Slice
- 4 Classic Trends That Will Instantly Update Your Work Wardrobe
- Cauliflower, Courgette & Chickpea Bake
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Celeb-Filled Campaign Is A Nostalgic Celebration Of Pop Culture