Fun Things to Do This Weekend 10/11/16
Get out and about this weekend with these film, shopping and dining suggestions
1. Download and watch Good Girls Revolt, a new series set in New York in the late 60s following a group of women working at the fictional News of the Week magazine as they campaign to be treated fairly. Based on a true story, their request sparked sudden changes and upset friendships, marriages, careers and more.
2. Get some friends together and head along to Bombay Sapphire's Project Botanicals, a unique pop-up shared dining event which pairs delicious gin cocktails with dishes created by Michael Meredith.
— 5 Galatos St, Newton, Auckland City, until November 20.
3. This Friday Jo Malone London is offering complimentary initial engraving on the purchase of a lidded candle or 100ml bottle of cologne, with hand engraver Dene Gilmore in store from noon to 6pm.
— Smith & Caughey’s Queen St, Friday November 11.
4. Designer Tom Ford releases his second feature film this week. Starring Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal, Nocturnal Animals is a twisting thriller with a polished veneer, largely thanks to Adams’ super slick wardrobe as art gallery owner Susan Morrow. Ford adapted the film, from the 1993 novel Tony and Susan by Austin Wright — weaving together fact and fiction.
5. Head to The Auckland Retro Fair on Sunday for lots of merchants specialising in all things retro, including furniture, clothing, jewellery and more.
— Alexandra Park Raceway, Auckland, November 13.
6. Wander though the best gardens on Waiheke at the annual Waiheke Island Garden Safari. Twelve beautiful gardens not usually open to the public will be on show, an opportunity to glean some gardening ideas and inspiration.
— Waiheke Island, November 12-13.
7. Over 250 stalls will be set up, offering the best in New Zealand and Scandinavian design this Saturday at the General Collective + Scandinavian Christmas Market. Also look for live illustrations and painting, street food and coffee.
— ASB Showgrounds, Auckland, November 12.
8. On Saturday, check out Viva Las Vegas, a vegetarian/vegan food event hosted by Mt Albert Market which aims to celebrate the best in healthy and natural produce.
— 847 New North Rd, Auckland, November 12.
- Want To Break Up With Fast Fashion? This New Book Is Here To Help
- Celebrate Chinese New Year With These Red Hot Beauty Products
- Old-Fashioned Tomato & Onion 'Pie'
- 9 Wardrobe Staples You'll Find In Every Stylish Royal's Repertoire
- Favourite Things: Sunday Best Design Studio's Georgia Yates & Logan Smith
- Green Tomato Tabbouleh