Fun Things to Do this Weekend 29/09/16
There are plenty of shopping, music, film and art events to keep you occupied this weekend
1. Download Solange Knowles' highly-anticipated third album, A Seat at the Table, released globally on Friday. Also worth a read is her essay following an incident between a group of white women and her family at a Kraftwerk concert, with the singer reflecting on how black families and racial minorities are made to feel uncomfortable in predominately "white spaces".
2. Head to the Stolen Girlfriends Club show on Friday night in Dunedin, the brand's first runway show outside of Auckland and Sydney. Tickets are limited and cost $70, with the new Resort 16/17 collection set to be shown on the runway and a short film to be shown as well.
3. It is looking like it is going to be a wet weekend, so head along to the movies to watch The First Monday in May. The highly anticipated fashion documentary screened earlier this year at the New Zealand International Film Festival, but gets a wider release at cinemas around the country from today. If you'd rather stay indoors, work your way through our round-up of other fashion documentaries worth watching.
— Cinemas around New Zealand, opening September 29.
4. Head to Kingsland for The Kingsland Project, an exhibition of photos capturing the characters and businesses of the community. The 30 portraits, street scenes and urban landscapes by commercial photographer Lee Howell have been printed onto flexible plastic, and will be displayed outdoors under shop verandas from today until Sunday. The full project, of nearly 100 pictures, will also be on display at gallery Frame Space.
— 402 New North Rd, Auckland, from 12pm-8pm today and 10am-4pm Friday and Saturday.
5. Fancy discounted garments from Isabel Marant Etoile, A.P.C, Puma and lots more designer brands? Fabric is having a massive moving sale until end of day Friday, with stock reduced to up to 75 per cent off the original price. Fabric will open a new store in Britomart on Wednesday next week at 2 Commerce St.
— 5 High St, Auckland, September 29-30.
7. The eleventh annual Show Me Shorts film festival opening night and awards ceremony is on this weekend - head along to The Civic to see some of this year's best entries.
— Cnr of Queen and Wellesley streets, Auckland, October 1.
All The Glittering Highlights From This Year’s Melbourne Cup Day At Viaduct Harbour
Thursday Nov. 7, 2019Sponsored
- Our Favourite Hearty Breakfast Recipes
- Taylor Swift's Surprise New Album 'Folklore' Goes Back To Basics
- Former Vanity Fair Editor On Why Prince Harry In L.A Could Never Work
- Sweet Spice & Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
- What To Expect From Rihanna's Fenty Skin & Kanye's Yeezy Beauty Launches
- Discover Your Signature Scent With These New Release Fragrances