Who Are Leisure?
Everyone is talking about this new Auckland-based supergroup
An Auckland-based band that can be summed up as a new supergroup — with an upbeat sound that has everyone talking. We asked band member Jaden Parkes a few quick questions:
Who exactly are you? We are a five-piece band from Auckland. We met through other musical projects working as producers and songwriters [including Kids of 88 and Goodnight Nurse].
Describe your sound? Soul/RnB/Pop.
How did Leisure happen? I invited the guys to a bach I hired at Muriwai last summer to write and record songs for a week. They were all musicians, producers and friends who I thought would make for a productive and enjoyable experience.
For first-time listeners, which song would you recommend? The first song we released, Got It Bad, is a good entry point as it has the fundamental elements we base our music on: groove, melody and vibe.
What have you got coming up? We are working towards an album so we’re in the studio every week, we also have local shows coming up and will be playing Laneway Festival.
• Listen to Leisure at soundcloud.com/theleisurecollective
- 8 Style Lessons From London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020
- The World's Best Nature Photography & More Fun Things To Do This Weekend
- As Coronavirus Concerns Disrupt Milan, A Different Kind Of Fashion Week Emerges
- Inside A Creative Couple's Stylish London Warehouse Apartment
- Restaurant Review: Newcomer Fonda Brings Solid Mexican Cuisine To Parnell
- Homeware Must-Haves To Create A Cosy Bedroom This Autumn