The new collaboration from Kelly Thompson and Saben
The illustrative work of clever Melbourne-based Kiwi Kelly Thompson is loved online, and has graced products and campaigns for clients from Escada to Maybelline, Sportsgirl to Lonely Hearts. This is a woman in demand, having recently produced illustrations for digital powerhouse Nicole Warne of the Australian fashion blog Gary Pepper Girl and new cruelty-free cosmetic brand Nabla Cosmetics Italy.
This week two local collaborations featuring her distinctive illustrations are released, including this limited edition leather clutch from Saben, modelled by Thompson herself, which is lined with her cheery, holiday-themed print. Her work also features on three makeup bags from Auckland beauty company Tender Love + Carry (from $18.95, at selected pharmacies and Farmers).
Kelly describes these collaborations as the "best kind of sharing", combining skills, ideas and audiences.
"As someone who has always been involved in the fashion industry to some degree, I anticipate that at some stage I will launch something of my own, but until then I am so glad to have the opportunity to work with established brands."
• Saben X Kelly Thompson leather clutch, $375, fromsaben.net.nz.
- Looks Of The Week 06/12/19
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Design Lover In Your Life
- 11 Style Takeaways From The Fashion Awards 2019
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Jet-Setting Traveller In Your Life
- Easy Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Christmas Gift Guide: The Best Presents For The Home & Garden Enthusiast In Your Life