Culture Calendar: March 25
Photographer Derek Henderson must’ve known the Grey Lynn fruit fly was coming. Paradise Lost, his new series of photographic prints, explores the introduction of exotic species into existing environments. Shot with a large format camera, his detailed images reflect on the history and impact of the Kudzu plant in Tavenui, Fiji. A shaggy yeti-like creature is a metaphor for the noxious weed originally native to Japan, introduced into the United States as a decorative vine in the mid-nineteenth century. Opens today at Melanie Roger Gallery in Ponsonby.
• 225 Jervois Rd, Herne Bay, from 11 – 4pm today.
- The Local Fashion Brands Making Face Masks
- The Adorable Pets Looking For Their Forever Home
- Stylish Accessories For Pampered Pets & Their Owners
- Watch: Kate Sylvester & Hera Lindsay Bird On What It Means To Be An 'Exploding Woman'
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews New Yakitori Restaurant Omni
- Chef Kirsten Gilmour's Ode To New Zealand's Cafe Culture