Focus on Fashion
Learn the meaning of true style through these three films
Genuine style comes from much more than shopping and the wearing of the latest trends: it’s an awareness of what’s going on in the world beyond fashion and knowledge of what has come before. Read, watch and learn, through books, exhibitions, talks and films.
The NZ Film Society is looking at style on screen with three must-watch classics showing as part of its 2015 season. Puzzle of a Downfall Child, released in 1970, was the directorial debut of fashion photographer Jerry Schatzberg and stars Faye Dunaway as a former model who has lost her grip on reality.
Tickets are available only if you’re a society member, but there is a three-film sampler membership available for $30 in the foyer of the Academy at each screening.
• The 10th Victim, May 18 at 6.30pm; Puzzle of a Downfall Child, May 25 at 6.30pm; Purple Noon, June 2 at 6.30pm; all at Academy Cinemas Auckland.
- Over The Moon: What Hera Lindsay Bird Does In The Dark
- Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Biscuits
- 15 Looks From London Fashion Week That Brought The Drama
- Artist Claudia Kogachi's Cameo For Ruby Is A Love Letter To Blue
- Jesse Mulligan On The Merits Of Curry, His Desert Island Dish
- Watch A Stylish Documentary, Join A Live Reading & More Fun Things To Do At Home