Viva Talks: Podcast with Comedians Alice Snedden & Nic Sampson
With the Comedy Fest in full swing, we chat to the comedians about life on stage
If Auckland seems a little more upbeat than usual, it might be because the New Zealand International Comedy Festival is taking over venues around the city.
This week we caught up with comedians Alice Snedden (who's nominated for a Billy T award) and Nic Sampson (who also works as an actor) about their upcoming shows, training at an infamous comedy school and their picks for the festival.
You may recognise Alice and Nic from their work on shows such as Funny Girls and Jono and Ben or their weekly improv night Snort, which happens every Friday night at The Basement.
Alice says day-to-day life as a writer and comedian has its ups and downs.
“I write for Jono and Ben during the day and do some other projects and gig at night… My days are filled with a schedule of self-loathing, poor diet, a lack of exercise… But all of that fuels my artistry.”
You can catch more of this hilarity at the Festival (various locations, runs until May 20) and in our (hopefully hilarious) podcast below.
- Runway To Real Life: 6 Inspiring Beauty Looks To Boost Your Mood
- The Painter Mapping Handwoven Canvases With Luminous Patterns Inspired By City Lights
- Say Hello To Viva Magazine - Volume Three
- Yu Mei's Agile Cyber Shift Sees Its Autumn/Winter 2021 Show Carry On
- Roasted Tomato Pasta With Cashews Recipe
- Conceptual Artist Zac Langdon-Pole On Belonging & Identity