24 Ways You Can Donate To The Australian Bushfire Relief Effort
From good old-fashioned donations to more creative fundraisers, there are several ways you can help
Raising the inextricable link between our environmental crisis and indigenous land rights, the current emergency in all its various facets cannot be ignored. If the Australian bushfire headlines are making you feel helpless, here are some ways you can help.
Arguably the best way you can help those affected by the Australian bushfires is to donate directly to the charities and organisations on the front line. Along with those listed below, you can also see the Support For Australia page, which lists all the Givealittle pages that have been created to help.
People and disaster relief:
ATTEND AN EVENT
Another way to show your support is through the variety of special events being held.
• #AuctionsForAussie is auctioning off unique experiences such as a dinner party with Kanoa Lloyd and Viva dining out editor Jesse Mulligan, a visit to Shortland St and a shopping spree at Augustine and more. All proceeds will be donated.
• Sala Studio is running fundraising yoga and meditation classes this Saturday and upcoming weekends in January. Pay as you can, with all funds donated.
• Variety For Fireys will feature award-winning writers, musicians, and comedians from Wellington at Meow on Thursday January 23. Tickets start from $10, with all proceeds donated.
• Soul Bar & Bistro is hosting a three-course fundraising lunch on Wednesday January 15, with full ticket price donated.
• Aotearoa Ki Te Whenua Moemoea - a community event with stalls and performances plus a barbecue, bake sale and raffle and more is taking place at Te Ngakau Civic Square, Wellington on Thursday January 16. All funds raised will be donated.
• Mt Maunganui’s Real Rad Food is partnering with Lululemon for a fundraising morning of yoga and DIY smoothie bowls on Saturday January 18, with full ticket price donated.
SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY
Many brands and artists are donating all or a percentage of their profits to various bushfire relief charities and fundraising initiatives. Here are some of our picks.
• Wine Diamonds is donating all profits from their natural wine goodie box.
• Frank Body is donating all profits from their A-Beauty Scrub for the month of January.
• Crushes is donating all profits from the sale of their embroidered tote bag.
• Visual artist Monique Lovering is donating the profits from her work ‘Out into the inner fields’, auction live now.
• Grown Alchemist is donating all profits from their Detox Hydra-Mist+ for the month of January.
• Monster Children is holding a Bushfire Relief Raffle, with a range of cool pieces from the Monster Children vault up for grabs. Raffle tickets are $100 and include unlimited entries, with all proceeds being donated.
• Kathryn Wilson is donating $10 from every pair of full priced shoes sold in January.
HAVE WE MISSED SOMETHING?
Please let us know by emailing suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jesse Mulligan Reviews New Yakitori Restaurant Omni
- Chef Kirsten Gilmour's Ode To New Zealand's Cafe Culture
- Zadie Smith Releases Her New Book 'Intimations'
- Watch: The Winners Of The iD International Emerging Designer Awards
- Why We're Excited About The Others Way Music Festival 2020
- 12 Stylish People On Instagram Who Prove Age Is Irrelevant