What to Wear to the Races
Victorian details get a modern update for lashings of drama come race day
Dries van Noten silk floral necklace, $895, from Scotties. Self Portrait dress, $750, from Muse. Natalie Chan veil headpiece $320. Pearl drop earrings, $79, from Pascoes.
Diane von Furstenberg silk dress, $795, from Muse. Brixton hat $169.90. Rebecca Minkoff handbag, $390, from Runway. Pearl drop earrings, $79, from Pascoes.
Kate Sylvester dress $469. Mi Piaci pendant $80. Monika Neuhauser Millinery headpiece $320. Sapphire studs, $449, from Pascoes.
World top $429. Karen Walker pants $650. Mimco alice band $249. Pearl drop earrings, $79, from Pascoes. Pearl ring, $299, from Stewart Dawsons.
Helen Cherry blouse $498. Harman Grubisa leather skirt $625. Monika Neuhauser Millinery boater $280. Pearl drop earrings, $79, from Pascoes. Pearl ring $299 and engraved locket, $999, from Stewart Dawsons.
Photographer: Guy Coombes. Model: Pauline K from Clyne Models. Fashion Editor: Dan Ahwa. Hair and make-up: Kath Gould using M.A.C Cosmetics and Redken. Stylist’s Assistant: Phoebe Bellavista. Thanks to: Ellerslie Racecourse and Colgate Optic White
STOCKISTS: Brixton, Harman Grubisa, Helen Cherry (09) 303 3735, Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester, Mi Piaci, Monika Neuhauser Millinery, Mimco (09) 523 2412, Muse (09) 520 2911, Natalie Chan, Pascoes, Runway, Scotties, Stewart Dawsons, World.
- Lisa Webb: “Houses Don’t Have To Be Large — Just Thoughtful”
- Jarvis Cocker Wants You To Know About Good Pop & Bad Pop
- Have This Salmon, Couscous & Broccoli Rice Bowl On Repeat
- 12 Stylishly Practical Raincoats To Buy Right Now
- Will The Future Be Fun? With These 20 Ideas, It Could Be
- A Highly Satisfying Brussels Sprout & Cauliflower Salad With Miso Glaze