Beyonce Is Launching a Clothing Line
And the other news you might have missed this week
1. Further details of Beyonce’s new streetwear label have been announced, with Sir Philip Green confirming to the Evening Standard that the new label, called Parkwood Topshop Athletic, will be sold in some 20 countries from April 2016.
2. There are no plans to put sale stickers on the first two Alessandro Michelle-designed Gucci collections ahead of Black Friday because demand is so high, Gucci CEO Marco Bizzarri told The Business of Fashion.
3. Jean Paul Gaultier is collaborating on a range with Australian chain store Target, set to launch homewares and clothing for men, women and children next year. Target has previously teamed up with Stella McCartney, Missoni and Dion Lee.
4. Model Bella Hadid has revealed what it’s like living with Lyme disease, saying she avoids parties and can only do one or two runway shows a day during fashion week because of fatigue.
5. A favourite among celebrities, New York-based bag brand Edie Parker is suing rival company The Box Bag for allegedly copying its designs.
- Dressing Out Loud: How Fashion Found Its Flair For The Outrageous
- Dries Van Noten On Len Lye, Gardening & Reforming The Fashion System
- How Colour-Blocking Made Its Roaring Return
- So Seductive: Sex Is Back In Fashion & A Fresh Era Of Flaunt Has Arrived
- How The Vintage & Resale Economy Is Finding Its Voice
- Made With Love: The Tight-Knit Renaissance Of Craft