How to Create Relaxed Waves in 9 Easy Steps
Recreate the hair look from Viva’s shoot in London
Toni&Guy hairstylist Rachel Bartlett created relaxed waves for Viva’s shoot in London. Here’s how to get the look.
1. Apply Toni&Guy Prep Volume Plumping Mousse on to dry hair from the roots to the ends.
2. Blow dry and create a deep side-part.
3. Separate the hair into seven big sections using clips.
4. Using a big curling tong, wrap each section of hair from the inside on the top half and the outside on the bottom half, creating a soft natural wave.
5. Use a clip to hold each curl in place while the hair cools.
6. Repeat this process around the whole head.
7. After the hair has cooled, release the clips and use a brush to soften the curls.
8. Apply a texturisng product, such as Toni&Guy Casual Rough Texturiser, to the root area to create volume.
9. Spray curls with hairspray to provide hold.
Photographer: Babiche Martens
Fashion Editor: Dan Ahwa
Hair: Rachel Bartlett for Toni & Guy
Makeup: Kiekie Stanners for M.A.C Cosmetics
Model: Nadine Martin from Elite Models London.
Photographer’s Assistant: Tracey Hosey. With thanks to Zoe Walker, Anna Lee, The Map House and The Gloucester. The Viva team flew to London with Toni&Guy.
View more from Viva's Insiders' Guide to London brought to you by Toni&GuyShare this: